question for Glenn

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

question for Glenn

Postby rmkeye » Mon May 18, 2009 3:50 am

Glenn, 9 weeks ago I had enhancement PRK on left eye for 1.75 overcorrection. At 6 weeks, I stopped steroid drop due to postop dr saying it was ok to stop. My postop dr is different from surgeon who I think had instructions as 8 weeks on steroid drop. I had to have enhancement with same company as original surgery which is not where I live. That office closed right after my surgery and I was not able to gain clarity on instructions. After stopping steroid my eye got really good quickly and then became farsighted again. The machine 1 week ago showed +1. My postop dr put me back on steroid. My questions are did stopping the steroid at 6 weeks cause regression? and any chance it moves back toward plano now or is this the best it will be due to the regression?
rmkeye

bump

Postby rmkeye » Thu May 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Anyone that has seen Glenn answer a question similar to this, can you link that answer? I have not found one yet. Thanks.
rmkeye

Postby LasikExpert » Mon May 25, 2009 6:56 pm

It is very likely that the sudden change in sterioid use caused the sudden change in your refractive error. Sterioids are used to control the healing response. I'm sure your doctor will have you using steroids to try to get you back to the desired refractive error.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Follow up

Postby rmkeye » Tue May 26, 2009 4:40 pm

My steroid schedule was 4 times a day for 1st week. Every 2 hours for second week due to haze being present. Back to 4 times a day for 3rd week. 3 times a day for 4th week, 2 times a day for 5th week and 1 time a day for 6th week. Would you recommend at least 8 weeks total on the steroid following PRK and that is what caused the refraction error?
I have just finished my steroid drop regime when he put me back on it at the 8th week (there was a 2 week break where the regression occurred). He put me back on steroid 4 times a day for 4 days, 3 times a day for 4 days, 2 times a day for 4 days and then 1 time a day for 4 days. I put my last drop in this morning. Do you think that will help the regression that started? Any chance I move back toward plano?
I really appreciate your help!
RMK
rmkeye

Return to Just Had It