Deteriorating eyesight throughout the day - burning question

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Deteriorating eyesight throughout the day - burning question

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:49 am

As per previous posts, I have noticed a clear discrepancy between my left and right eye. The left one is weaker at all distances but more noticeably close up.

I have also noticed that my left eye deterioriated throughout the day. It starts off relatively clear but progressively gets worse to the point that signs that I could read on my way to work I can't read clearly on my way home.

I am 5 weeks post op. I lubricate my eyes throughout the day. My burning question for the LasikEye Expert is why is my left eye detereoriating throughout the day? Is this a side effect that eventually passes? Will I one day have teh same vision in the afternoon as I have in the morning?
Tom

Same boat

Postby DocH » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Tom,
I am going through a similar situation but I am resigned to wait it out. I am about 6 week out, still very dry eyes (see refactive index of tears post and my own post)
You are not alone!.
Most things you say I think are due to 1) dry eyes and 2) tired eyes.
Hang on in there
DocH

Postby free2dream » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Tom - My eyes did the exact same thing at that stage of healing. I also compared signs and landmarks on my way to and from work, and they seemed to be worse as the day went on!

I'm now at 15 weeks (wow - almost 4 months) and my vision has stabilized; so yes, in my experience, you will have the same vison in the morning as the afternoon.

Good luck and keep up with the drops..things will get better.
free2dream

Return to Just Had It