Pregnancy and epilasik

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Pregnancy and epilasik

Postby july9 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 pm

i had epilasik done in both eyes a little over a month ago. i had about -8 or -7 in both eyes. i was just wondering if pregnancy will effect the vision. ive heard that after surgery its best not to get pregnant for at least 6 months. then i heard that if you ever get any eye surgery its best not to give birth naturally rather get c-section. later i was told after two months it is totally fine to get pregnant. i dont know whats true or not, but i am planning to get pregnant soon. if it wasnt for the surgery i would have done it, but now im scared that my vision might drop, even though it still has not reached 20/20. if anyone knows anything please tell me!!!!
july9

Re: Pregnancy and epilasik

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:12 am

You may want to read our article on Lasik and pregnancy.

The hormonal changes during pregnancy commonly cause changes in refractive error. This is not a long-term problem, however it would be impossible to know if a miscorrection after Lasik was actually a miscorrection or a temporary change due to the pregnancy.

Several medications are used after Lasik, including steroids. These may be contraindicated for pregnancy and/or nursing.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It