halo at night

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

halo at night

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Wed May 31, 2006 5:54 am

My concerns are that 3 weeks after surgery i am still expirencing significant halo effect at night and my vision is not always clear.My 1 week post exam showed that i was near 20/20 but i am not seeing as clear as i did with my glasses and i am having trouble at dusk.Can i expect my vision to improve and is it too early to worry that my nightime halos are permanent. p.s. My eyes still often feel dry i am using my drops religiously p.s.s. I did not have nightime vision problems or dry eyes before my surgery
This post is a reprint of a previously requested inquiry received by USAEyes.org via email.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 31, 2006 5:57 am

Three weeks is way too early to panic. There will be plenty of time to panic later.

My bet is that the dry eye is the cause of most of your problem. It can cause haloing and will slow healing. We have a detailed article about dry eye treatment at http://www.complicatedeyes.org/dry_eye_treatment.htm

Get your dry eye managed, and allow your corneas to heal. Keep your doctor informed of your problems.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Wed May 31, 2006 5:59 am

Hi I am now at 2 months after my surgery and have gotten my dryness problem under control.I am still suffering from fluctuating vision.What causes this fluctuation? sometimes i see well from one eye but not the other then it changes again.What is actually happening in my eyes to cause this and when can i expect my vision to stabalize ?
This post is a reprint of a previously requested inquiry received by USAEyes.org via email.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 31, 2006 6:01 am

Although you may have improved your dry eye problem and things feel okay, it may be that you are still experiencing some of the negative effects. If the fluctuation is minor, such as a bit of blurry vision now and again, it is probably still related to the dry eyes. It takes time for the epithelium to heal, thicken, and become smooth. Even the slightest dryness will quickly deteriorate vision quality. If the fluctuations tend to be consistent throughout the day, such as always poor in the morning then better in the evening, or the other way around, this often indicates continued dry eye.

Your doctor is able to test for tear quantity and tear quality. Ask next time you visit the doc.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It