CoLoR of eye lighter?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

CoLoR of eye lighter?

Postby ltess » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:27 am

I have noticed that the eye I am having the problems with is now appearing light than the other. I have brown eyes and the right eye looks faded and hazy around the corners. At times ther is a definite color difference during this time the eye is usually slightly blurry. This eye is the one that has the foriegn body feeling the slight burning and the more vision fluctuation.

Anyone ever had the color fading or know what it is??
ltess

Re: CoLoR of eye lighter?

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:32 pm

You are describing a difference in the iris, which is the colored portion within the eye that expands and contracts with light.

If the cornea has haze or dry spots, the light passing through that area may be disrupted. Both looking in and looking out through that spot may appear a bit foggy. Your doctor can examine the cornea at a slit lamp to look through the hazed area and around it to verify that the iris is the same, but that you are seeing it through a foggy area of the cornea.

This too sounds like dry eye or epithelium issues, however if the iris is actually changing color it may indicate something else entirely. This should be reported to your doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: CoLoR of eye lighter?

Postby ltess » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:19 am

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try to get through the weekend to see if things get better and if not I am calling the doctor Monday morning. One more thing I noticed with the eye that is lighter at times. The pupil in the opposite eye stays bigger than in the right eye. In normal light when pupils are I guess "normal" size the right pupil is smaller always.
I always have the strangest things happen to me...

I also remembered that several years back I was hit by a Nerf gun dart (the kind with the rubber stopper on the end in the eye that is giving me all the trouble. At that time I noticed that for a few days the pupil was a different size than the other eye. Then about 2 months before my LASIK (which was preformed on March 26th) I noticed that the right eye looked lighter at times...BUT I contributed it to my contacts, thinking they were dirty or had protien on them.

I ran across Horner's syndrome online. Does this sound anything like what I have?

I guess I NEED to call the doctor Monday:)
ltess

Return to Just Had It