overcorrection from -8 to +2

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

overcorrection from -8 to +2

Postby omid » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello,
I am a 41 years old man.I just had an operation Lasek 2 month ago on my both eyes at the same time. Befor operation I had in my right eye -8 Dioptrie and 1 astigmatism at 180° and in my left eye -8 Dioptrie and 1 astigmatism at 5°.I didnt have any complication during the healing period, 2 weeks after operation I had my best vision after surgery which was about +1 dioptrie on each of my both eyes.My Doctor said after some period of time it will go to zero.After that I was feeling that not only my near vision is the same or worse but also my far vision becomming worse for sure.25 days after operation I went for the check up and told my doctor about my problem and after measurment he found out that I have +2 dioptrie on each eyes and 0.75 astigmatism.I am an oral surgeon and I explained him that with this vision I can not work at all, so he prescribed for me glasses with +2 and 0.75 astigmatism.with this glasses I could see perfectly the near and far distance as well.one month after the operation my doctor removed all the steroid drops and I just used the eye drops lubricants.I felt that a little my vision becomming well but not too much.6 weeks after operation according the computer that measuring the dioptry my eyes had +75 D, but in practis and reading the chart my doctor again found out that still I have +2 D.From that day I am using UNICLOPHEN drop 3 times aday and yesterday wich was 2 month after the lasek again the computer measurment showed +0.5 D but in reading the chart it was between +2 or +1.5 each eye.
My problem is that I can not see the far distance well and sharp and I can not read a book or see the monitor with my eyes.The question that my doctor can not answer is why when I am wearing the glasses of +2 or +1.5 I can see the far distance absolutely perfect that I wished my eyes could see so, as well as I can see the near subjects.I hope you can answer this question, or if anybody has the same problem that I have?My last question is if this problem will be improved by time or I need another surgery?I dont have any pain or dry eye and according to my doctor my cornea has no complication.
Thank you for your answer in advance.
omid

Return to Just Had It