No Progress with DLK/Sands

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

No Progress with DLK/Sands

Postby TCSC830 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:07 pm

I was nearsighted, -4.75 in both eyes. I had LASIK on April 14th and I am concerned. My right eye has been a dream, but my left has been hazy for a month. My right is 20/20 and my left is like 20/60 or so. Long story short, my doc says I have grade 1 Sands of Sahara. I have done some online research and am concerned he didnt pick it up quick enough. I have been to ALL my post-op appointments and nothing has changed. I have been on steroids since day 1 and keep using and using them. He put a tube in my left eye 2 weeks ago because of bad dryness, but DLK wasnt mentioned until last week. I read where its normally picked up within the first 1-3 days, and he may have mistaken my DLK for dryness/irritation. The doc seems to know his stuff, and has been doing LASIK since 1997. It seems like I paid $2000 and my left eye is really struggling. I am going back tomorrow and mentioning him lifting the flap so he can irrigate it. I know I need to be patient, but I just am not seeing any progress and damaging my eyes further is a serious concern of mine. These steroids can cause damage if overly used, yes? By the way, after the fact, the doc told me I had a congenital defect in my left eye but it shouldnt affect my vision. I have always had issues with my left eye (sensitive to sun, foggy at times, etc.) What do you all think is my best course of action??? Is a second opinion worth it? I dont want to spend more money on an exam...TIA
TCSC830

Return to Just Had It