3 WEEKS POST LASIK- STILL NEED GLASSES

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

3 WEEKS POST LASIK- STILL NEED GLASSES

Postby julia1969 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:43 am

lasikexpert

I had bladeless wavefront lasik 3 weeks ago and have just been told i still have a prescription of -1.25 in both eyes. I do understand that this is common in high prescriptions, but mine was only -3.75 left eye and -5.00 right eye, which i was told is not a high prescription. The opthalmologist who does all the post op checks felt initially that the poor vision was due to inflammation (1 week post op) she now tells me the inflammation has gone and when i pushed her for an answer as to if my sight will improve in time, she said "probably not" i have paid £4000 to not wear glasses and im still wearing glasses! i used to be able to tolerated contacts for a few hours (for an evening out) but no longer, now i cant wear them at all! i also have dry eyes and am using visilube pre free drops, can you recommend a better product? have halos and starbursts, which i can tolerate, just want to be free of glasses. Also 2 days post op i landed up in my local A&E dept with dreadful pain in the right eye, they diagnosed a small tear at the bottom of the flap, went back to the clinic (which is a 2hr drive from my home) the next day and they completely played it down and said it would heal, back in A&E 2 days later with the same problem, resolved with anesthetic eye drops.
I have asked for a medical explanation as to why my vision is poor, when the clinic has a 99% success rate at 20/20 and they just say its down to my healing process, i am a nurse and really would like a clearer explanation.
I have taken some hope from this forum as i have read about people whos vision has improved after 3 weeks, but i dont want to give myself false hope.
Please help.
Kind Regards Julia, UK
julia1969

Re: 3 WEEKS POST LASIK- STILL NEED GLASSES

Postby julia1969 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Is there anyone out there who's vision improved after a month post op, bladeless wavefront lasik? still have a prescription of -1.25 each eye, before lasik, -5.00 and -3.75.
I would be so grateful for any feedbback at all.
Julia UK
julia1969

Return to Just Had It