Star bursts getting worse

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Star bursts getting worse

Postby teacher » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 am

I had custom wavefront lasik eye surgery on Sept 24, '10 and the star bursts have only gotten worse and worse. They (the surgeon) recommends an enhancement but I am terrified to have this done again or anything like it as I had a terrible experience with poor follow up care and severe complications. Do I allow my sight to deteriorate and go back to glasses or do I risk it and try again? The fear right now is winning out I have to say.
teacher

Re: Star bursts getting worse

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:43 pm

It sounds like your vision is regression toward the original refractive error. If you have a refraction (which is better, one or two?) you will probably find that you are not 20/20. The quality of vision you see through the lenses after a refraction is what you can reasonably expect (no guarantees, of course) with enhancement surgery. You may want to read about Lasik Regression and Lasik Enhancement
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It