Current Research on Long Term Lasik Results

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Current Research on Long Term Lasik Results

Postby bjd2k1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Hey Glenn,

I was wondering if you had any links to studies that were done recently regarding the long term results of lasik; specifically regression rates over time and late onset complications. I read the study that was done in 2007 but was wondering if there was anything more recent or broad. I have scoured Google but the results I get are mostly scewed views from Anti-lasik sites. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
bjd2k1

Re: Current Research on Long Term Lasik Results

Postby michaelscai » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 am

i think with lasik or PRK the eyes heal over time so I'm really not overly concerned about long term results, i think it's more of a concern how well the surgery goes and if the eyes heal nicely in the shor term..

I feel my eyes are getting better daily after lasik a week ago, if i can see well after lasik and the eyes feel good, I really have no reason to think my eyes are suddenly going to feel bad in the long term, we already know the flap is going to bond with the eyeball overtime - I can only assume it will be good the next day as it is today.., i'm far more concerned with how my eyes are going in heal in the short term..
michaelscai

Re: Current Research on Long Term Lasik Results

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:30 am

I find the National Library of Medicine at http://www.PubMed.com to be a vaulable resource for such research.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It