questions for Glenn or a lasik expert.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

questions for Glenn or a lasik expert.

Postby troybledsoe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:26 pm

I had Lasik alittle over two months ago. I have had all kinds of problems since.
1. I had erosion on my right eye. They put me on murrow 128 "intment at night. They also put me on erithromycin ointment. They also have taken me off of that and put me on many other steroid drops and antibiotic drops to try and help the burning eyelids. My now back on the erithromycin ointment. Mainly for the dry eyes.
2. I have been hyper sensitive to the preservative free drops. It makes my eye lids feel like they are on fire. They have now drew blood to make custom drops for me.

several questions that I have.

1. Is it good that they have switched me around so much on all the meds? My vision has gotten worst sinnce they have done that.

2. Will my vision improve again when I get things cleared up and off all the different meds?

3. Will this dry eye thing last forever? The blood serum drops are expensive.

4. Right now they have me using the erithromycin ointment to lube my eyes and not really as an antibiotic. Just as long as I don't use it more that three times a day. Is that good?

Any other info that you could give me would be great.
troybledsoe

Re: questions for Glenn or a lasik expert.

Postby globetruck » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Sorry about your issues - this forum seems pretty much dead. In any case, I had PRK and I've also had some RCE problems and I'm on Muro128 drops and ointment. It really has helped eliminate my problems with erosions, and it did improve my vision from about 20/70 to about 20/40. I'm almost 8 weeks post-PRK and seem to be settling down around 20/40. My dry eyes have also improved - at one point, I seemed to need a drop every few minutes. Now, I generally use 5-10 drops per day.

Good luck, I hope things improve for you.
globetruck

Return to Just Had It