Just had IntraLASIK - HELP

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just had IntraLASIK - HELP

Postby JHS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:24 am

Hi I just had Custom IntraLASIK on Friday (2/11). I had mild to moderate nearsightedness and astigmatism in both eyes. My doc said that I was in the best group of possible candidates and that after surgery 96.4% of patients achieve 20/20 in both eyes.

My right eye is fantastic. Can see crisply and clearly near and far. My left eye however doesn't seem to be so lucky. I think I am quite a bit farsighted now in my left eye. I can see things that are far away very clearly, however when I do things like use my computer or watch my TV the left eye is blurred. The closer things get to my left eye the blurrier they get. From about 30 feet in, I notice issues with my left eye.

I know everyone says I need to wait 6 months, but I am curious as to why my right eye is spot on and my left is having these problems. Anyone out there with thoughts on what's going on with my left eye, and what are my chances that its going to end up with similar vision to my right eye?

Thanks....
JHS

Re: Just had IntraLASIK - HELP

Postby ScottW » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:20 pm

I can't speak to LASIK (I had ICLs put in), but my experience was that my left eye attained its vision back faster than my left. It took me about 3-5 days to get my left eye vision in pretty good shape, and another 2 or so for my right eye. But, I didn't have near the difference in vision that you have.
ScottW

Re: Just had IntraLASIK - HELP

Postby JHS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:01 am

Thanks. I saw my surgeon yesterday. He spent about 30 minutes with me and said that my astigmatism was actually quite strong and in patients like me my results thus far are very normal. He said he prefers to not have patients end up farsighted after surgery but while there are very detailed statistical models in terms of reaction to the laser each person is different. He also said its his preference just because he knows how "annoying" it is to be farsighted because it makes computers/reading difficult, but from a medical perspective its nothing to worry about. He said that even though its a pain now he feels like we got, "more bang for our buck" in my left eye and that I will definitely experience regression (hopefully right into 20/20) but there is no definite timeline. Some regress faster than others.

So all in all he walked me off the ledge. I just need to be more patient. I go back in a week. I'll continue to post for the benefit of other impatient hypochondriacs out there. ;-)
JHS

Return to Just Had It