Corneal Swelling

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Corneal Swelling

Postby Vannh9 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:25 pm

Glenn,

I had a follow up with the surgeon today and am hopeful. ( 3 weeks out today) As I stated earlier vision is still fluctuating and you are right he confirmed dry eye and I will be taking restatsis.

He also said that I have moderate swelling, medication induced glaucoma? Pressure was "way up". A layer of fluid under the flap?? He has perscribed Lumican (sp)

I was still on pre-forte per post op doc and he believes this contributed to the issues.

Have you heard of this before??

I also mentioned the severe pain that I had in my right eye..(almost all the way gone) he didn't know what that could have caused that maybe dry eye...can there be nerve damage during Lasik and if so what are the symtoms or outcomes?

The good news is he felt the surgery will be a total success and He also believes that I will have 20/20 vision. I hope so:-) and will remain optimistic

Thanks again for you site. I find great comfort knowing there is a resource and I have told all my friends about you and your site!!!!

Vann
Vannh9

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Some people will react to the steroids with a raise of intraocular pressure (IOP). High IOP is a symptom of glaucoma, but you won't have glaucoma. You have steroid induced elevated IOP. A change in the steroids, tapering off of the steroids, and/or an IOP reducing medicatoin will reduce the IOP. Fluid under the flap can be a symptom of high IOP.

A rise in IOP can cause your vision to fluctuate. Dry eyes can cause the qualitiy of your vision to be poor. Fluid under the flap can cause your vision to be poor. All need to be resolved for continued health of your eye and a return to good vision.

Restasis is FDA approved to treat the underlying cause of dry eye, however it does not become fully effective until about 90 days of use. You may want to read about Dry Eye Treatment for other techniques that are helpful.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It