can anyone please post some positive experiences?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:15 pm

Temporary dry eyes is a common problem after Lasik. Did you know that a supplement may resolve the problem? We have a detailed article about Lasik Dry Eye with many ideas for treatment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby David White » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:49 pm

Jenni wrote:(By the way, my eyes really were improving when I switched to Systane. I feel as if I only need to put in drops every two hours. With Refresh, I felt as if I needed drops every five minutes.

Interesting, I use the Refresh Plus (non preservative) very frequently, maybe I'll give the Systane non preserative a try.
David White

Postby Jenni » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:34 pm

Hi, David.

I really really recommend the Systane. I learned on this board that Systane uses a different kind of lubricant that is more like a gel and that's why it stays in the eye longer. The one draw back is that you don't have that clean, crisp vision that Refresh gives when you first put the drop in. With Systane, you'll see a little blurry for the first few seconds, but then you'll see great for a long time compared to Refresh. That's my experience. Hope it works out for you! I'm definitely saving a lot of money with the Systane since I don't need to put in drops as often.

Jenni
Jenni

Postby David White » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:27 pm

Jenni wrote:I really really recommend the Systane. I learned on this board that Systane uses a different kind of lubricant that is more like a gel and that's why it stays in the eye longer. The one draw back is that you don't have that clean, crisp vision that Refresh gives when you first put the drop in. With Systane, you'll see a little blurry for the first few seconds, but then you'll see great for a long time compared to Refresh. That's my experience. Hope it works out for you! I'm definitely saving a lot of money with the Systane since I don't need to put in drops as often.

I appreciate the input. I've used Systane before - I had dry eyes before LASIK so my doctor made me do 3 months of eye drops before, to get them in better shape. So I tried the preservative bottles of Systane and Refresh. I used mostly the Refresh for the reasons you described with Systane being thicker and blurrier initially. However I really don't like constantly using the Refresh Plus non Preservative so the Systane NP sounds worth trying - I did get used to the regular Systane, it just took some time.
David White

Postby pljenkins » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:54 am

Wanna,

I had LASIK 10 months ago to correct a moderate astigmatism and a very minor myopia (0.75 and 1.25, if I recall correctly...I don't have my papers here at the moment). I am currenly a solid 20/20 in both eyes, with a binocular acuity of 20/15 approaching 20/12.5. My vision is actually better now then it was with glasses. I had no real complications with my surgery. The only thing I really had that was out of the ordinary was some moderate starbursting with my left eye (dominant) and halos in my right eye. The left eye took around 4 months to improve to the point where I really don't notice it, and the right eye took close to 6 months to resolve. There is still some VERY minor halos in the right eye, and by very minor, I mean undetectably except under extremely low light conditions where I'm looking at a very bright light (high beam headlights). Even those I can see through the glare at objects beyond it. Normal dirt on eyeglasses was more distracting then this.

That being said, I was 20/15 binocular 1 week out of surgery.

Pre surgery, my eye health was unremarkable, though one of the concerns was that my pupil size was around 7.75mm. We used the VisX laser with Custom Wavefront. Unless my eyes are very tired and dry, a don't have any starbursting problems. My surgery was done by [a national chain]. I don't know if it's appropriate to mention here who my doctor was, but if it is okay to do so, I'll be happy to say.

Paul
pljenkins

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:23 am

Paul,

We prefer to not mention doctors or clinics, but you have included your email in your profile so anyone interested can contact you directly.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Shivan82 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:55 pm

I had PRK about a month ago. I was -5 and -4, with moderately high astigmatism in both eyes. The first week post surgery was terrible pain and vision wise, the second week after the contacts were removed I had severely dry eyes. From the third week on I'm now seeing wonderfully and no dry eyes problems either.

Btw, the laser used was a Keracor 217z, is this a good laser? I hear plenty about Visx, LadarVision, etc.

I'm overjoyed at the outcome, it's amazing how good vision changes your outlook on everything. I wake every morning just happy to be alive and content to take in the scenery!
Shivan82

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:48 pm

Since the laser seemed to provide the result you desired (with tremendous help from your surgeon, of course) then it would be appropriate to say it is a good laser. I believe the full name is the Bausch & Lomb Technolas 217z Zyoptix excimer laser.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Just Had It