Questions about overcorrection and crisp image

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Questions about overcorrection and crisp image

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:15 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the great wealth of information here.

I had lasik around 2.5 months ago. One of my eyes was overcorrected. Before surgery it was -2.75 and after it is +0.75.

1. Will there be any regression? If yes, how long will it take?
2. The images are still not crips. Will there be any improvement? Doctor says it will improve overtime but no time frame.
3. I got some floaters. (already checked for holes/detachment. Nothing so far). Will the floaters ever go away?
4. Anyone in this forum with any of the above experience?

Thanks
Mike
Mike

Postby pljenkins » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:23 am

Mike,

I can't speak intelligently about regression, since this wasn't an issue with me, but I've heard that this does happen. 2.5 months is still pretty early to tell what you're going to end up with.

I have floaters in my right eye that at times become annoying. There's some discussion on this board about floaters, but generally speaking this is an anomaly of the eye that is not associated directly with LASIK. As for whether it will ever go away, technically no, since floaters tend to become more common as we get older. They may seem to "come and go" as they float in and out of your field of vision. I think (totally non-scientific) that I notice my floaters now because my eye is now more focused. Anyway, from what I can tell, any sort of surgical resolution of floaters is very complicated, so unless your floaters are creating a real vision issue, you're probably best served learning to live with your little friends. :roll:

Paul
LASIK 1/06
pljenkins

Re: Questions about overcorrection and crisp image

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:30 am

Mike wrote:1. Will there be any regression? If yes, how long will it take?

The majority of regression would probably have occurred by now, however some additional regression may occur.

Mike wrote:2. The images are still not crips. Will there be any improvement? Doctor says it will improve overtime but no time frame.

The lack of crisp vision may be due to the overcorrection, dry eyes, or other issues. Your doctor who has examined you would have the best information on the condition of your eyes.

Mike wrote:3. I got some floaters. (already checked for holes/detachment. Nothing so far). Will the floaters ever go away?

They do not exactly go away. The material will always be in there, but it can move out of the line of sight. Additionally, the brain learns to "look around" the floaters, similar to how we do not see the blind spot in vision caused by the optic nerve.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It