Wrinkles

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Wrinkles

Postby KitKat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Had Lasik on Friday(three days ago) Saturday morining it was still all fuzzy and I was not able to drive so I had to call my aunt to take me to my appointment. Doctors told me not to rub my eyes and I didn't they however didn't say anything about not closing my eyes tight. Friday after the surgery it hurt really bad to put in the drops they had given me and I squeezed my eyes in pain. This cause wrinkles in my flaps. So they numbed me again and flattened them out. They said there were still marks where the wrinkles were. I was able to see much better Sunday morning and now Monday I can see but it is still fuzzy. I have another appointment tomorrow (Tuesday) and I am worried I will have wrinkles again. If this is the case I don't have a ride home and don't know what to do. My question is basically once you get wrinkles is it easy to get them again? They never gave me lubricant drops just medicated drops until after the wrinkles(systane gel) which I used every half hour on Saturday because it felt soooo much better. I am now using still the medicated drops plus Systane lubricant eye drops and occasionally the systane gel ones. What are my chances of having wrinkles? I don't really want to make a family member take off work and drive hours up here to take me if i'm mor than likely not to have wrinkles again.
KitKat

Re: Wrinkles

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:20 am

KitKat wrote:My question is basically once you get wrinkles is it easy to get them again?

There are two primary kinds of striae. Micro-striae occur when the Lasik flap crinkles because of internal stresses. Macro-striae, which is likely what you have, are folds in the Lasik flap. Read our article about Lasik wrinkles for full details. You are not more or less likely to get striae now, than at any other time since Lasik surgery.

KitKat wrote:What are my chances of having wrinkles? I don't really want to make a family member take off work and drive hours up here to take me if i'm mor than likely not to have wrinkles again.

You are really going to want to make this follow-up trip. Macro-striae often needs to be resolved with manipulation of the Lasik flap. This is much easier in the early healing stages than later. It is better to go now, than suffer later.

You may also ask the Lasik doctor if you can see a local eye doctor for follow-up care. This kind of co-management may be easier on you and your family.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: Wrinkles

Postby KitKat » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Well it looks like I won't have to worry about it. The Doctor's office called and cancelled my appointment for today. I have a new appointment tomorrow and have managed to get a ride up there and back. so if there are anymore wrinkles that need to be taken care of I will be covered. Thanks for the comments.
KitKat

Return to Just Had It