Does vision really keep on improving after Lasik?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Does vision really keep on improving after Lasik?

Postby Globetrotter013 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 am

I had Lasik 3 days ago and though I don't have any physical problems with my eyes at all, I just can't see as well as I could with contact lenses. My prescription was -2.25 in both eyes for many years, though on thorough pre op examination the Dr said it was -1.5 in one eye and -1.75 in the other (both with computerised testing AND me looking through the glasses thing).

I've been back twice for follow up and both times he's said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my eyes, no wrinkles etc, so I should just wait for the vision to return. He is confident (he says) that it will improve and that soon I will have 100% vision.

My question is, does it really keep on improving after surgery, or is it more likely that I will need enhancement in 6 months? Is it generally possible to tell within the first few days if this is going to be it?

As I say I have no other problems at all, no halos, no blurred vision, no dry eyes, vision is clear, just not as good as I had hoped for.
Globetrotter013

Re: Does vision really keep on improving after Lasik?

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:02 am

It would appear that the reason you are so undercorrect is not that the laser missed the target, but that something else is causing the problem. Inflammation would be an obvious candidate.

Your vision can change over the next few weeks/months. You would not want to enhance until your eyes have settled.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: Does vision really keep on improving after Lasik?

Postby Globetrotter013 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi, just thought I'd come back with an update.

Now 12 weeks post op... After around 3 weeks I noticed a difference (better). For the first 2 months my right eye was much clearer than my left, but I'm realising this week that my left has significantly improved and is now actually clearer than the right.

This is a surprise as I didn't really believe it would keep on improving months after the op.

So at 3 months I am well satisfied with the outcome. Still have a few issues when in a room with fluorescent lights, but this is getting better. Dry eyes also much better now.

Hope this is an encouragement to some that it is worth waiting :)
Globetrotter013

Return to Just Had It