Had Intralasik 2 weeks ago. Lft eye good, rt. eye blurry

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Had Intralasik 2 weeks ago. Lft eye good, rt. eye blurry

Postby BrianBilva » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:22 pm

before my surgery i had contacts of -11.5 in my right eye and -10.5 in my left eye. 2 weeks post surgery my left eye is about 20/30 and my right eye is about 20/60. my right eye is very hazy and i cant see well at all, close and far object. My doctor said it is because my right eye is still swollen. I am still using anti infammatory drops in my right eye only. I am concerned with my right eye because my left eye is so much better. I keep getting headaches because it feels like i have one contact in. Is this gonna get better or am i going to need enhancement in my right eye?
BrianBilva

Re: Had Intralasik 2 weeks ago. Lft eye good, rt. eye blurry

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:35 am

BrianBilva wrote:Is this gonna get better or am i going to need enhancement in my right eye?

Probably both.

You had a whopping amount of myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision. Undoubtedly some of the surgery’s effect will regress. It is likely that your doctor deliberately overcorrected you into hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision since regression would bring you back toward plano (no refractive error). You may not have experienced all of the regression yet.

Lasik commonly induces temporary dry eye. Dry eye can cause or exacerbate edema (swelling). Between the femtosecond laser to create the Lasik flap and the excimer laser to remove enough tissue to correct 11.00 diopters of refractive error, a lot of laser energy was used on your eyes. It is very reasonable to expect edema.

It is waaaay too early to be considering your current vision as your final result. Changes are undoubtedly in your future. It is also highly likely that your doctor will recommend enhancement surgery to "fine tune" any residual refractive error after your eye heals. This would probably be between 3-6 months after surgery.

Considering your preoperative refractive error, what is remarkable is that your left eye is doing so well, not that your right eye is doing not so well.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It