Ghosting

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Followup on improvement-

Postby mike r » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:56 am

I do believe a continuous layer of extra moisture would satisfy my vision issue with minor ghosting which happens only under limited circumstances in the adjusted distance eye. But that is not realistic of course.
I think there could be a refractive failure in the correction of the distance eye with the laser (my worst eye) it may be best achievable correction though, because my distant vision is not as strong as with the glasses so to widdle away at the cornea/magnifier with further correction may be unwise?

My reading eye is fine within its boundary but a nuisance to my distance dominant eye when opting to see distant objects. Up close 2' to 10' they work in tandem (closer to same calibration I guess) but distance is a mixed bag(clear and out of focus at the same time). Somewhat annoying. The clarity in both are great but when I fix on an object at one distance then transition to another object at another distance out of focus (mainly from short range to long) I dont feel I need glasses for any reason though which was the goal.

Also the oncoming traffic from vehicle lights at night still agravatingly bright and large and sometimes 4 lights turn into 2. Glad I dont do night travel a great deal.

My astimatism was worse in this distance eye and maybe the laser nibbled away best it could but left a mild error to create these quirks. Oh well hopefully the next 20% of improvement will help.

If not maybe Ill promote initiating a whiner index and be the first entrant.
mike r

HEY!

Postby mike r » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:28 am

I have just noticed today the ghosting/starburstish effect with the little scroll bar and various other small bright white lettering(smudge effect) on black or dark background on the tv at a distance 10' or more has stopped ghosting. I can read this print now YEAH!! MAN THIS IS WELCOME IMPROVEMENT!!! Hope it lasts
Maybe Ill go for a drive tonight and see if there are less headlights piled up on one another at a distance...hhhmmmm????

Just wanted to share the change!!! <Mike R>
mike r

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:03 am

I'm glad to hear your vision continues to improve. Many people think of Lasik as the 20-Minute Miracle, but it is often more of a six month process.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby FLOPGUY » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:21 pm

I am now past the 2 month mark. I still have ghosting (when I close my right eye). It seems like my vision in general has improved. It is less sporatic. I saw my doctor at my one month and told him of the ghosting and blurry (both at a distance only). He examined my eyes looking every which way and calling out numbers to the nurse. Then he said that my flaps and my eyes still looks perfect. He felt it was as you guys said, they are just a little too dry and to keep lubricating them and my tear production should begin and resolve this. I noticed that for the last few weeks that my eyes actually have a slight stick when I first wake up. Even as I type this my left eye feels dry and I wet every 30 min at the computer. My reading and around the room vision is still pretty good. I also notice that "thumb print" around lights at night has gone almost completely away. I also feel that bright sunlight (even with sunglasses) make my vision far worse(almost like after seeing a camera flash).
Questions:
Does this still sound logical to keep waiting for the improvement as I am?
Does it sound like possibly I need an enhancement?
How long can they still pull up the flap and do an enhancement?

Thanks for all the great info you guys provide to us.
Flopguy
FLOPGUY

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:05 pm

You may have a small amount of astigmatism that is causing the ghosting, but your symptoms sound much more like dry eye issues than anything else. Lasik dry eye treatment may resolve them, along with healing.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Just Had It