1 month post-Lasik

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

1 month post-Lasik

Postby ntbaker » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:57 pm

Had my 1 month post-lasik exam today. My original Rx was OS: -5.75-1.00x165 and OD: -5.50-0.75x180. At 1 month I am now -0.75L (0.75 astig) and -0.5R (zero astig). My 24h, 1week, 2week, and 1 month exams show little to zero swelling and very mild dry eye. My flap appears to be healing well with no complications. Can I expect my eyes to level out near 0, and my astig to fade, by 3 months or am I looking at possible enhancement?
ntbaker

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:24 am

Even moderate dry eye can cause some of the refractive error you describe, but it is difficult to know how much is residual refractive error and how much is induced by dry eyes. Continued dry eye treatment should help resolve this problem.

You should wait until about three months postop before making a decision about enhancement surgery. If your vision is unsatisfactory at that time and your dry eye is resolved, then you will want to discuss with your doctor the details about enhancement surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It