Has anyone's double/ghost image gone away?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Has anyone's double/ghost image gone away?

Postby briser3 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:58 pm

I had custom lasik 8 days ago. After 1 day my eyes were both 20/15. Two days later my right eye started to diminish and I began to see a slight double/ghost. This only exists in the right eye.
After two more days I went to see the doc. He told me that things still looked good but did a quick refraction test, then had me look at the chart and put a lens in front of my eye which cleared it up perfectly. He told me it is astigmatism, but it is too early to tell, and come back in a month. I'll also note that in the morning my vision is very good, and later at night when I am at home watching TV it seems to be okay. But driving at a night is a chore (and I see double tail lights - and can't read signs unless I am right on top of them).
I have seen my sympton described on other forums, but nobody has posted a follow up to say if their vision came back after waiting weeks/months.
So my question is this - Has anybody experienced my symptons, and then had them go away withOUT the use of glasses or requiring an enhancement?
briser3

Postby rayvendawn » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:21 pm

I am still relativly new to lasik coming up on my one month anniversary but I had ghosting and starbursts at night for two weeks at night and it gradually went away. It seemed to be made even worse if I wasn't putting drops in every 10 minutes. The first two weeks were intense as far as my healing went.
rayvendawn

Return to Just Had It