Ways to speedup healing and dominate eye question

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Ways to speedup healing and dominate eye question

Postby laura » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:16 am

I’m 47 yrs old and had lasik 13 days ago (Dec 18th, 2006). My vision was -5.75(dom) and -6.75(non-dom). It is wonderful to see far (even thou a bit hazy still), but I am having a very difficult time adjusting to readers. I’ve tried various strengths, but the vision is not very good. My surgeon will not do a refraction so that I can get some good lenses until 3 weeks. I can not read or do computer work comfortably (which is my profession).

Will keeping my eyes closed and sleeping more speedup the healing process?

If my non-dominate eye now has better vision than the dominate eye (which I hope is only temporary), can this cause nausea?
laura

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:38 am

There is a difference between vision quantity and vision quality. Readers may be able to change your vision quantity to make you appropriately myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) so you can see objects near, but if the quality of your vision has not yet returned to normal, the readers - and any corrective lens - will be limited in their ability to help you. You are still healing and quality may be even more an issue that quantity.

In addition to quality of your vision, I have personally found that a big issue with reading glasses is the quality of the lenses. Trying different brands may be helpful.

Eyes closed and moist is an environment that is good for healing. Resting your eyes and using preservative-free artificial tears as instructed by your doctor is always a good idea.

Nausea can be a symptom of a significant difference in refractive error between your two eyes, however there can be other causes as well. This is something to report to your doctor and seek a diagnosis of the cause.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It