Induced Astigmatism

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Induced Astigmatism

Postby tplee » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:19 am

I had my eyes lasik on dec 13, 2006. My left eye responded well with sphere of -0.75 but astig of -1.00. Right is 0.00 sphere and astig of -2.00.

Before surgery it was astig of -1.00 for both eyes. I can see pretty well with my left eye now but right eye still blur. Do you think the astig will improve for both eyes? If not can the astig for the right eye be corrected with laser treatment?

Note: Before surgery I am short/near sighted with -5.00 for left and -6.75 for right
tplee

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:46 am

It is quite possible that the astigmatism relates to edema (swelling) and/or dry eye. Your surgeon should be able to provide some insight on this problem. You really won't know what is your final outcome until 3-6 months after surgery. Most astigmatism is able to be corrected with contact lenses, glasses, or refractive surgery, but you will not know if surgery is appropriate until after you have healed.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It