Help!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Help!

Postby chrissy2282 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi! I had Lasik done on sep. 29 2006. The other day I went in for my 3 month appt. My vision was about 20/40. I was -4.00 and -4.25 with astigmatism before. Well, the doctor said tha everything looked fine. He said I still had some nearsigthedness left and kept trying to push me for an enhancement. Instead I asked him for just a prescription for glasses in the mean time until i think about it. Anyways, getting to the point, I am a nursing student and I was playing with my pen light and flashed it in my eye just to see if I could see the actual flap and in my right eye I noticed that there was like some sort of grey horizontal circles that extends almost into the pupil. They look like two big circles that are right next to each other. The other eye did not have these and I am wondering if it could be that epithelial ingrowth. I don't know if the doc. saw it but didn't tell me, or he just missed it altoghether. Now that I saw this I llet my husband check it out and he can see it as well and he even saw it with out the pen light. I am really scared now that it might get worse.
chrissy2282

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:46 pm

Epithelial ingrowth is normally not an emergent problem. It takes quite a bit of time before damage occurs.

Contact the staff at your doctor's office and ask if there is information in the chart that could explain what you see. Talk with the doctor if available. Arrange to have an exam at your earliest convenience.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It