Contacts after lasik

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Contacts after lasik

Postby rayvendawn » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:04 pm

I have considered wearing cosmetic contacts now that I have good vision I won't have to worry about the prescription making the prices high.
I had lasik one month and two weeks now and I'm wondering at what point will the eyes heal up enough for contact use. I would assume at or past the three month period but what is everyone elses expirence with this?
Also at what point does dry eye let up?
rayvendawn

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:10 am

Resolution of Lasik induced dry eye varies greatly. Some people don't get it at all, the vast majority who do get it will have it resolve within 3-6 months postop, and a relatively small minority will have dry eye long-term. It is difficult to predict, but contacts may be able to be worn even with minor dry eyes.

The only person who can tell you that your eyes are ready for contacts is your surgeon. My educated guess would be after at least three months, but that is only an educated guess.

Cosmetic contacts may be great fun, but be as serious about their care and cleaning as any other type of contact lens.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby rayvendawn » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:12 am

I've worn contacts for 9 years now and I take very good care of them. The dry eye has improved since my last post which is always good hehe. I am wondering if anyone that has worn contacts after lasik if they expirence scratchyness or problems that they didn't have before with contacts.
rayvendawn

Return to Just Had It