Custom Vue, Refractive Error?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:25 pm

Of course three weeks is very early in the healing period. Lasik is often more of a six month process than a 20-Minute Miracle. That process may included enhancement surgery to "fine tune" a final outcome.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bada5150 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi, I have astigmatism on my right eye and it really bothers me. It is really hard to get through the day. But now it is too late to regret. I was very sad too. But what can we do? We can not just regret what we have done. Hopely you will get better vision very soon.
bada5150

Postby Virginia » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:57 pm

Glenn, Given my prescription (above), do you think I may be a candidate for enhancement?? At what point in time do you think it is good to do the enhancements? Does enhancement correct the astigmatism that is left? I feel it is astigmatism that is causing my vision as I remember how dizzy and fuzzy my vision was when I did not wear glasses pre lasik. Is the VISX laser the best machine for people with astigmatism?? Thanks for your advice!! Ginny
Virginia

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:02 am

Your residual refractive error is within the treatable range for most current laser systems. Whether or not enhancement surgery is appropriate depends upon many other factors. Your doctor would be able to provide much better insight (pun intended).
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Virginia » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:51 pm

Do you mean that there is enough refractor error to treat? I heard that if there is only a small amount or borderline amount that it is best not to mess with it because the machine could over correct it. Does that make any sense to you? Anyway, thanks for this website. I have referred it to many friends considering lasik. I never knew what middle vision was until I had lasik. If I would have known about this site prior to surgery, I certainly would have been more informed. Ginny
Virginia

Postby bada5150 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:46 pm

any updates Mowchorch?
bada5150

Previous

Return to Just Had It