rainbow-colored dots

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

rainbow-colored dots

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:35 pm

Glenn,

I wonder if you might have any insights about a complication from my LASIK procedure. When looking at a light, I see a matrix of rainbow-colored dots in one eye. As the light gets closer or brighter, the dots seem to blend into rainbow-colored horizontal bars. Very distracting. Is this common and does it usually resolve itself? I had the surgery 3 weeks ago. Thanks

Douglas
This post is a reprint of a previously requested inquiry received by USAEyes.org via email.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:36 pm

Douglas,

No, this is not common. It could be floaters that have been stirred up in the LASIK process. It could be debris under the LASIK flap. This may be something that needs attention, or something that will resolve with healing. To know for sure, you need to discuss this with your surgeon. If you are not getting a complete answer from your current doctor, I will gladly help you find a quality surgeon for a second opinion.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:39 pm

Glenn,

Thanks for the helpful response. I am not getting a complete answer from my doctor, other than it is too early (3 weeks) after surgery to consider a re-treat as many of these issues work themselves out. I suppose that may be a valid response at this point, but his cavalier approach to the problem is both reassuring and bothersome, if that makes any sense. It is also worthwhile to note that he has not encountered this problem before.

Oddly enough, the correction is superb and I am seeing 20-15. I will take you up on the offer to help find a surgeon for a second opinion if this persists more than a few more months. For now, I suppose I will take the advice and let things heal. In the meantime, any other insights you may come up with are welcome.

Thanks,
Doug
This post is a reprint of a previously requested inquiry received by USAEyes.org via email.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:46 am

No other insights from this end. Let me know if you do need an additional opinion.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It