post check up updates - overcorrection

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

post check up updates - overcorrection

Postby bada5150 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:58 pm

Hi Glenn,
I just went to doctor to get prescription for eye glasses.
My prescription before lasik
OS -6.50 Cyl -.50 X 113
OD -6.50 Cyl -.50 X not sure

Now
OS +.50 Cyl -.75 X 25
OD pl

Doctor said that my right is slightly overcorrected but this is where doctor want me to be. He told me that my right eye is focusing back of the eye (I think farsighted now). I told my right eye is still blurry in middle range and told him that I see ghosting on light source.

He said that this is where I want to be and it will get better. Normally, 3 to 4 months, eye will be stablized and I should wait. He said he is sure that my right eye will get better.

Now I am totally lost because I thought I was seeing blurry and ghosting because of astigmatism.

Glenn, is it possible that +.50 spherical can make middle vision blurry? or -.75 astigmatism that makes my eye blurry?

Also, it seems like he was testing my eye with phorupter (which one is better) in well lit room. The other doctor tested my eye with phorupter two weeks ago in dark room.

Does it make difference? well lit room and dark room?

My right eye gets more blurrier when room is little darker.

Your opinion will be very appreciated Glenn.

Thank you
bada5150

Postby bada5150 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:31 pm

Oh one more thing.
My doctor mentioned me that +.50 (spherical) will cancel out with my -.75 (astigmatism). So he said I shouldn't have any problem. But still things are blurry on my right eye.
What does he mean by canceling each other?

Thank you again.
bada5150

enhancement

Postby mike r » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:26 am

Bada,

Maybe you mentioned your enhancement? And that will cancel it out...

There have to be other factors at play than just this eye test...To many mention good numbers but can t see well...

Must be cloudy on cornea or rinkled flap or something
I dont get it...

<mike r>
mike r

Postby bada5150 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:05 pm

Can -.75 astigmatism make vision blurry? Or my +.50 can make vision blurry? -.75 astigmatism is blurry range of astigmatism?

Thank you
bada5150

Return to Just Had It