What are the best eye drops to use at night?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

What are the best eye drops to use at night?

Postby Virginia » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:22 pm

I was told to stay on systane fro 8 weeks using at least 4 times per day. I do have to get up twice a night and put in more drops. What is the best gel or something other than preservative free systane? Do I need the preservative free for at least 8 weeks? What are my safe options?
Virginia

Postby bada5150 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:29 pm

Hi Virginia,
It seems like Systine lasts longer than other eye drops. Or use Refresh PM gel. This one will last all night long and until next day. Both Systine and Refresh PM gel make eyes blurry. But who care at night while you are sleeping? Right?
bada5150

Postby rickybobby » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:14 am

Just a piece of advice regarding eye drops. Do NOT plan to run out of your natural tears drops, preservative free or not. Being that it is winter, your eyes have a tendency to be very dry, especially following a procedure. Visine is not a substitute for the benefits of natural tears.

I've had three follow-up visits in the past week due to dry eyes. The staff at the facility I go to stated that the majority of their follow-up visits are dry-eye related. The location is in southern Ohio if you follow the climate here.
rickybobby

Postby Virginia » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Thanks, I agree, I Use the natural tears religiously! They are SO expensive. Do you throw out the rest of the individual vials once you use them? Even if ther are more drops left? Is it safe to put the top on and use the rest within 3 to 4 hrs? I keep them in every coat pocket and purse. I live in Illinois, so I know what you are saying about this weather. How long were you told to use the drops?? Thanks
Virginia

Return to Just Had It