post exam-second opinion

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

post exam-second opinion

Postby bada5150 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:50 pm

I went to different doctor for second opinion last Friday. He was very nice and answering all my questions without rushing me out. He was reviewing my pre-lasik data (orbscan and wavescan and other numbers).

He told me that my cornea was relatively flat even though my eyes were -6.00. He told me that my eye is long so I was nearsighted even though my cornea was flat. He was wondering if my doctor was aware of that. He told also that he would have recommended PRK or IOL instead of lasik. He was asking me if I got regular lasik or custom lasik. I was not able to answer that because I wasn't sure either.

He did orbscan and wavescan and measured my cornea thickness with something that he touched my cornea. Also, he meaured pressure on my eyes and other exam. He was really nice and told that I will probably need enhancement. When I asked my doctor, my doctor told me that 96% of his patients will resolve this astigmatism during healing period. But this doctor told me that I will most likely need enhancement. He also told me that there is case that it resolve its own.

My questions are:
1. What is relationship between flat cornea and lasik? Is PRK or IOL better for flat cornea?
2. What is difference between customized lasik and regular lasik? Is customized lasik better for enhancement?

Thank you
bada5150

Postby mike r » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Bada,

Sounds like you need enhancement...Are you ready to try again???

I dont know best choice...

You may need to ask Glenn...

mike r
mike r

Postby bada5150 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:43 pm

I know that I might need enhancement. I am not sure I am up for that. I still have to wait for 6months healing period before I decide.
bada5150

Return to Just Had It