Lifetime warranty?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Lifetime warranty?

Postby lkestler » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:33 pm

The office where I am having my lasik surgery done offers one year free if you need an enhancement. For $200.00 more you can have a lifetime guaranty. I have heard that if I need an enhancement it will most likely happen in the first year. Does anyone know the chances of needing an enhancement later in life? Should I spend the extra $200.00 or not?

Thanks,
Lisa
lkestler

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:03 pm

You are absolutely correct that the majority of Lasik enhancement procedures are performed within the first year. Most often Lasik enhancement is performed between three and six months after the initial procedure.

The $200 is effectively an insurance policy, however if you have high refractive error (more than about 8.00 diopters myopia, more than about 3.00 diopters hyperopia, more than about 2.00 diopters astigmatism) then the probability of the need for enhancement surgery would likely be elevated.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby babiesforme » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:13 am

I'll just reply to this since it was at my very last appt (at 13 months) that my doc finally mentioned enhancement. But I definitely went into LASIK knowing that I would probably need it (my rx was around -7 for the myopia and 4 for the astigmatism in both eyes). I had to reschedule my appt during that 14th month and b/c he was on vacation last month, I am now scheduled for an enhancement at 16 months.

SO, whether he is conservative, I didn't complain, or what, the enhancement thing just didn't get worked out before 1 year. He is still doing it free under the 1 yr plan (hey, he's the one who takes off for a month at a time here and there and has a very hard time getting an appt with).

But I can also see the advantage in MY case of have an "extended warranty" so to speak. I knew I might need an enhancement but I didn't know I'd be so pleased with my end results, though getting them fine tuned might make me that much happier, barring any complications (which is the big kicker, right??)

Diane
babiesforme

Return to Just Had It