ghosting

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

ghosting

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:28 am

I had laser surgery done a month ago. A day after the surgery my right eye was perfect but my left eye (dominant) had ghosting (a fainter second image very close to the primary image). My doctor said I had to wait for the cornea to heal and I did. Now it´s been a month and the ghosting is still present altough it got better. Now it looks like it has stabilized. Some days are worse than others, but I notice it gets worse in darker places and with bright objects with a dark background (example, during class with power point projections, or the tail lights of cars at night). I have my next appointment with my doctor this monday. He doesn´t seemed to be worried, and in fact keeps telling me that I´ll be ok.
I had a second opinion and the doctor said i had some kerathatis (sp?), she told me to keep my eye lubricated and gave me Systane. The machine my doctor used was a LadaVision 4000 with eye tracker by radar.
If the ghosting doesn´t go away withing the next 2 months, I am considering having a second procedure done. I read in your wave site that Wavefront may be an option, and I´d like to know who is the best clinic or most experienced doctor to have a second opinion or have the procedure done with.
I would greatly appreciate an answer.

Best regards,

Javier
This post is a reprint of a previously requested inquiry received by USAEyes.org via email.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:30 am

Javier,

What you describe sounds like Superficial Punctate Keratitis (SPK). This is caused by severe dry eye and would cause or exacerbate your ghosting problems. Please review Lasik Dry Eye Treatment for an explanation of Lasik induced temporary dry eye and treatments.

You need your doctor to determine if you have SPK. If you do, dry eye, management, treatment, and healing will very likely resolve the problem.

To learn more about wavefront, visit Custom Wavefront Lasik.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It