Two months too early for enhancement?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Two months too early for enhancement?

Postby Virginia » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi Glenn, I have posted many times about my progress. I ended up getting a call from my surgeon (because of an evaluation I sent back). He refracted me and also said I was about a +1.00 in the right eye which was a bit over corrected. My right eye is still a bit fuzzy but I think I am getting uses to it. I do notice the difference when refracted. He said he can do enhancement on me this Tuesday. I will be 8 wks post op at that time. Do you think I am settled in as far as changing? Is it different to be over corrected than under corrected as far as adjusting time? Once again, I an dreading going through this again. It is only one eye. He said he will wait a while for the left. It is real close to the target but still has astigmatism left. I may just leave it alone. Thanks once again! Ginny
Virginia

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:07 am

Enhancement surgery is appropriate when the eye has stabilzed. For most that is between 3-6 months postop. What is important is that the eye is stable, not the date on the calendar.

You can always wait, especially since you indicate that you are able to funciton with the current overcorrection into hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It