what are the best eye drops post-prk?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

what are the best eye drops post-prk?

Postby spire12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:49 pm

My doctor recommended Allergan Tears, but they seem to be very watery and do not last very long at all.. I have used Allergan for moderate to severe dry eye in the past and it more like a gel than a watery liquid.. is it ok to use other drops?

Also, would Allergan Refresh Dry Eye Therapy (Complete relief for symptoms of Dry eye) be appropriate as well?

In your experience what are the best, long-lasting eye drops post-prk??

thanks!
spire12

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:21 pm

We have a list of artificial tears that you may want to review. Different artificial tears have different combinations of different componets and provide different relief. Which is better will depend upon the unique circumstances of the patient.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby tiggy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:26 am

Hi! I am 2 months post PRK and my doc had me use Systane perservative free vials - two drops every every two hours. They helped alot. On the surgery post op list they mentioned that any perservative free drop was ok.

I also used Theratears liquid gel (vials) and Refresh Celluvisc (vials) at night.
Systane was the best overall.

All the best-
Tigs
tiggy

Return to Just Had It