More updates from 3.9.2007 conventional lasik

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

More updates from 3.9.2007 conventional lasik

Postby jclark104 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:25 pm

Well I am 11 days post-op and as I had stated earlier, I worked my first midnight on saturday.

The daytime vision seems to be improving and the pattern I see is one bad day is followed by a day better than my best day to date since the surgery. Distance objects are still a bit blurry or not as sharp as I would like but under the right lighting it improves.

Daytime haze around lights is tapering off, only coming and going at times while halos and starbursts are showing their heads somtimes. Night vision has not decreased but reading signs and such is difficult.

I have come to the conclusion that my eyes are a bit more dry than I had perviously thought and that is the number one factor in MOST of the vision issues. I do hope this goes away with time.

I also had my first headache the other day, which was at the back and top of my head and I did feel some pressure like pain on the back of my eyes. Another person who had surgery at the same doctor told me that this was the optic nerves continuting to adjust and since the eye has been so used to seeing things through an external lens, my eye has not yet begun to use my eye lens as it should. (Glen, can you verify this for us?)

Also, being awake for over 25 hours had very little effect on the quality of vision when drops were used properly.

Is there any harm with using differnt brands of preservative free drops during the day?
jclark104

Re: More updates from 3.9.2007 conventional lasik

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:36 pm

You seem to be progressing well.

jclark104 wrote:I also had my first headache the other day, which was at the back and top of my head and I did feel some pressure like pain on the back of my eyes. Another person who had surgery at the same doctor told me that this was the optic nerves continuting to adjust and since the eye has been so used to seeing things through an external lens, my eye has not yet begun to use my eye lens as it should. (Glen, can you verify this for us?)

That is pretty close. The optic nerves don't need to adjust, but the crystalline lens within the eye needs to accommodate at a different range. You may want to read about Lasik headache issues.

jclark104 wrote:Also, being awake for over 25 hours had very little effect on the quality of vision when drops were used properly.

That is very good news.

jclark104 wrote:Is there any harm with using differnt brands of preservative free drops during the day?

Different brands, or at least different viscosity of artificial tears, may be the best way to manage dry eye issues throughout the different environments of the day.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby jclark104 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:13 pm

With the above being said, I'll post the eye drop schedule I have been using to date.

After the intial week of Zymar and Pred Forte, I noticed a little bit more inflamation when I stoped using both, but it tapered off and is stabilizing quite a bit.

Since then I have tried Minidrops, Refresh, and Theratears.

I have been using Minidrops every hour as advised by the doctor and I use anywhere from 2 drops to the entire vial depending on how my eyes feel and the conditions I am in. I have used the Theratears upon waking up, at lunch, when I get home, and before bed since those are the times my eyes seem to be the most strained.

I am going to try Refresh a bit more as I was told by the doctor that they can be closed and saved for the next use... Perhaps I will use one drop in each eye every half hour. My only concern is my eyes may not produce tears as much later on if I use too many drops now.
jclark104

Return to Just Had It