Update 3 months later

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Update 3 months later

Postby rayvendawn » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:55 am

I had my custom wavefront intralasik on the 8th of December and I went in for my 3 month appointment today. I found out something pretty cool and I want to kind of testify *knock on wood* that having veryyy bad vision before lasik doesn't mean that the outcome will be bad. I keep hearing horror stories about it on here but I want to give some hope to people.
My doctor told me that before I had lasik my vision was rated at CF which he told me stands for "count fingers" my vision was so bad it was off the chart. I couldn't see the gigantic E that was over a foot long on the wall a few feet in front of me. He showed me my presciption before and after, which I have yet to get a copy of to show everyone but I will. He said that my best correctible vision before was 20/25 and that it was worse with contacts. He said my vision was closer to 20/700.
I am still 20/15 now which is just... amazing to me. I went through a period at first where my eyes were strained so bad and I got serious headaches from it that were unbearable. I had to take the prescription pain reliever that my doctor gave me. My eyes adjusted and relearned how to focus and now my tears are coming back as well. I only have to use drops once or twice a day now.
I really hope that things continue to get better and I would be REALLY pleased if they would stay the same too.
rayvendawn

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:59 am

Thanks for letting us know about your positive experience.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby JPD » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 am

Wow, unbelievable improvement. Those are really excellent results. How is your night vision? And just curious what laser was used for your procedure?
JPD

Postby rayvendawn » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:29 pm

My night vision is great, it wasn't at first but it leveled out over time. I think the only problems that I still have is when I wake up in the morning my eyes are very sensitive to light and it stays that way for a few hours.
I looked on my doctor's website for information about what machine he used and I found two and I am not sure which of the two he used on me. Maybe when I get my records it will tell for sure.
The VISX WaveScan® Alcon’s LADARWave® are the ones listed.
rayvendawn

Return to Just Had It