Slight eyelid droopiness post LASEK operation

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Slight eyelid droopiness post LASEK operation

Postby twcarlson19 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:56 am

Hi - I am wondering if you could tell me if slight eyelid droopiness is a side effect post-LASEK, and if so, if it is expected to eventually remedy itself and go back to normal? I had just my right eye done on February 2nd and have noticed since the operation that it looks slightly more closed than my left eye, which has not been operated on yet. Any feedback would be appreciated - thanks!
twcarlson19

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:22 pm

Droopy eyelid is called ptosis (pronounced toe' sis). Ptosis can be temporarily induced by the medications used for laser eye surgery recovery.

If this is a reaction to medications, the ptosis will likely resolve after your body is cleared of the medication. There are a few reports of patients with long-term ptosis after refractive surgery, but they are very rare. Statistically it is much more likely that the ptosis will resolve within the weeks or a couple months after you no longer need your medications.

Report this concern to your doctor and discuss if alternative medication may be helpful. If the ptosis is not interfering with your vision function, don't be surprised if the doctor tells you to continue your current medication regime and be patient.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It