Will I need an enhancement?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Will I need an enhancement?

Postby allfornat » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:43 am

Hi! I had lasik about two weeks ago. While I am not having any major problems, I cannot see things clearly yet. I know that it takes 3 to 6 months for the eye to heal and vision to stabilize, but am wondering if this is any indication that I may need an enhacement in the future? I have had many friends that had this procedure. Together with their feedback and the feedback of this site I have learned a lot. However, many of my friends could see clearly within a week. A couple of friends who couldn't had to have enhancements. Therefore, what I guess I am wondering is...is there any chance my vision will get better or is this pretty much what I will end up with? Things are somewhat blurry from a distance and I cannot make faces out from a distance. Thanks for any advice.
allfornat

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:32 am

At two weeks postop it is impossible to predict if Lasik enhancement surgery would be necessary or beneficial. You could say that if you had perfect vision today the probability of an enhancement being recommend would be rather low, but you can't very well predict at this early stage.

To what does your doctor attribute the poor vision? Are you able to see clearly through lenses?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It