redness in the morning?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

redness in the morning?

Postby kev999 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:45 pm

i'm almost 3 month post op and everything's fine so far. i noticed my eyes are more red in the morning than the rest of the day, is this because my eyes are more dry in the morning than other time of the day?
kev999

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:50 pm

It is possible that your eyes are more dry in the morning. Some people sleep with their eyes slightly open. Perhaps you could use a gel-type lubricant when going to bed to see if the additional moisture and reduced friction resolves a dry eye issue.

It is also possible that this is an allergic reaction.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby kev999 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:50 pm

LasikExpert wrote:It is possible that your eyes are more dry in the morning. Some people sleep with their eyes slightly open. Perhaps you could use a gel-type lubricant when going to bed to see if the additional moisture and reduced friction resolves a dry eye issue.

It is also possible that this is an allergic reaction.

allergic to what? i've heard of those gel-type lubricant you mentioned but i also heard that they tend to form a layer of residue that i have to clean out of my eyes every morning. is it true?
kev999

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:19 am

The nighttime eye lubricants are gel or ointment. This will provide poor vision quality, but if you put it in just before going to bed it should not be a problem. You can still see, but like looking through oil. For some the lubricant has dissipated by morning. For others you need to apply a couple of artificial tears or blink several times.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It