1 Month Post op update

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

1 Month Post op update

Postby jclark104 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:32 pm

Today is my one month date since conventional Lasik on March 9th and here is the update:

Not too much has seemed to change day to day. My vision, as posted after my 3 week visit, is 20/15 combined. My left is is still close to 20/20 but is still behind my right eye, as I had astigmatism prior to surgery on the left side.

Distance is still an obstacle, more so reading signs at distances. Objects far off are not too bad but signs are tricky. The doctor did mention I had some swelling(this was 5 days ago) so I assume this will take at least a few more weeks to clear and will sharpen up the distance issue.

Night vision is fair- Halos and starbursts seem to be on and off but reading signs at night is difficult sometimes... Speed limit signs sometimes seem grayed out as if being censored for TV. I believe this is a contrast sensitivity problem, please correct me if I'm wrong. I expect the above issues to resolve with the decrease in swelling and dryness.\

My eyes are not TOO badly dry with the exception of night and morning. Oddly, my best acuity seems to be in the first hour of waking up then decreases a bit througout the day. Things clear up greatly as soon as I put drops in then goes back down a few minutes later.
I am taking drops every two hours, one drop of Systane in each eye. Any other suggestions on brands of drops?
jclark104

Postby amilli » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your update. I had custom lasik the day before you and am experiencing similar issues. My short and mid range vision is good, but distance signs and people are ghosted. Not exactly blurry, more like double vision. I don't have the halos and starburst and can drive well at night. Vision in my right eye, which is dominant, is worse than left. My doctor and others say that these issues can resolve over time and that it can take any where from 1 -3 months, and even up to 6 months. I definitely have dry eyes and my right is much drier than left. I started taking Theratears supplements for dry eye, so we will see what that does. Also, I use Refresh Plus preservative free drops during the day because they don't make my vision blurry, but they don't last long. I use Refresh PM ointment at night and that has been helping.

I notice that my vision is really clear right after I put in drops for about 1-2 minutes or if I close them and rest them for like 10 minutes my vision is really good for again 1-2 minutes. Do you have anything like that?
amilli

Postby jclark104 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Yup! I have the same issues with putting drops in then being back to dry a few minutes later. I'm certain our conditions will improve and what we are experiencing is normal but as stated by other posters, it is frustrating! I attribute my distance issue to dry eye and swelling.

Theratears were excellent! Only reason I'm not continuing with them is I am looking for something I can use for a few drops and close up til the next dose, thus I went to systane.
jclark104

Postby jclark104 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:20 am

Well I will be coming up on 6 weeks post op this Friday and again, not too much seems to be changing! I am using the drops less while at home but at work I am still taking some every 2 to 3 hours. Night time is improving a bit, which helps see progress more than anything. I do believe I am still dry or maybe swelling still.

Reading at a distance is still a challange, and when I put drops in, things are immediatly clear and sharp but this goes away within a few minutes. Hopefully this will improve!
jclark104

Postby yawny » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:56 am

If you push hard with the cap of the theratears , you can recap these too.
yawny

Return to Just Had It