11 days post-op and overcorrected

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

11 days post-op and overcorrected

Postby Marcco » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:04 pm

I had Lasik 11 days ago and am now overcorrected by .5 diopter. I have monovision and now I cannot read with my reading eye. I have been given Acular in order to increase the scarring so that the lens does not remain flat and overcorrected. Does anyone have any experience with this? My experience is that my eyes usually do regress approximately .25 to .50 but I am concerned. I understand this usually can take up to 3 months. I am found an article online showing that Acular does not improve regression compared to a control group. Any thoughts on this matter.

Thanks,

Marc
Marcco

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:36 pm

It is so soon after surgery that it is difficult to predict what will be your final outcome. You say you are overcorrected 0.50 diopters. Is that in the nondominat eye that was deliberatly undercorrected for monvision purposes, or is it the dominant eye that would have been targeted for plano (no refractive eror)? What was your original refractice error in the overcorrected eye and what was the target?

Acular is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and is commonly used for allergies and to reduce inflammation after ocular surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Marcco » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:02 pm

My non-dominant eye was -2.25 before surgery and I wore a contact lense in that eye to bring me to -1.00, where I could read comfortably, which is what we were shooting for from the lasik (enchancement). I am now at -.50 and cannot read.

The Acular LS he prescribed, theoretically will accelerate any regression so that the non-dominant eye will get to -1.00 or -1.25 and I will be able to read once again but without any lenses. However, I have found a study online that disputes this result as compared to a control group. I am looking for any other options to improve the regression.

I had a history after lasik to regress approximately .25 from the initial result, so we set up the lasik for -.75 and hopefully would end up with -1.00 but at this time (11 days post-op) I am at -.50 and cannot read.

I know it's very early and am hopeful, as is my surgeon.
Marcco

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:18 pm

Controlling the healing response with steroids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine seems a reasonable response. Hopefully you will continue to regress.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It