Visian ICL done last Tuesday

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Visian ICL done last Tuesday

Postby silverflash » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:07 am

Hi. I had the visian icl implanted into my eye last tuesday and the next day i was seeing 20/15 + 2 on the 20/10 line. A week later, today, I am seeing barely 20/20.

up close, say within 25 feet, everything is perfect, off in the distance things are a tad blurry. I also noticed that in the morning after I first awake, I can see alot clearer.

Why is it blurring through the day? Can it be the eye drops: acular, predforte, zymar? maybe the eye gets blurry due to the drops?

I did do some walking, grass cutting four days after the surgery, taking care of course to thoroughly proitect the eye and not to rush through. just found out by the doc i should not "excercise". Didn't think that was excercising, oh well... Could this have caused some inflamation that will affect the vision? Will this eventually go away? What can explain going from 20/15 to 20/25-20 in a week? I am 37 years old so I really don't think it's more myopia creaping in, that would be too much of a coincidence...

one last thing, if i move my eye all the way to the left towards my nose, i feel a slight foreign body sensation almost like an eyelash. what can thatr be? It seems to be slowly redeceding....

with icls, when is vision the sharpest? right after or x amount of weeks after the implant and do the drops affect blurriness and will it go away?

thanks...
silverflash

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:13 pm

The surgery to implant the Visian Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL) is rather invasive, including an incision at the edge of the cornea and manipulation of the lens inside the eye. This will commonly cause minor inflammation. The inflammation can be exacerbated by normal exposure to the atmosphere during the day.

Inflammation can cause myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision. The Visian ICL is implanted through an incision made on one edge of the cornea. If this area swells more than the rest of the cornea, astigmatism may be temporarily induced. This can cause blurring, a ghost image (especially from LED light sources), and would commonly be worse in low light environments.

The trauma of surgery can cause other wound response that may present with the symptoms that you describe.

You need to keep your doctor informed of your vision changes, but the vision immediately after surgery before there is a wound response is what you can reasonably expect after full healing.

Please keep us informed.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby silverflash » Tue May 01, 2007 3:04 pm

thanks for the response!

here is my update...

this past weekend was awesome. I can see all day every day 20/20. I noticed a huge improvement from even last friday. Maybe it's tied to computer use? or inflamtion as you said. I didn't use the computer much thius weekend but i work computer 8 hours a day m-f....I guess if it's the computer, today will be the test? I was out sick yesterday with the stomach flue so i didn't use a computer at all..

Anyhow, if in fact the vision immediately after suregery before a wound response it what should be expected, than I am happy! I saw 20/15 + 2 lines on 20/10 the day after....

:-)

I will keep you updated...

-Bill
silverflash

Return to Just Had It