Am I expecting too much?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Am I expecting too much?

Postby MikeC » Thu May 03, 2007 2:45 pm

I had Custom Lasik on 4/27/07. My vision after the procedure and 3-5 hour nap was pretty good. I had some discomfort and sandy feeling in my eyes, but I was expecting that and it was gone within a day. My vision has been getting worse though, from my perspective. I was nearsighted with an astigmatism. My distance vision has been getting blurry. Also, my night vision is terrible...halos and blur. There is no way I can safely drive at night. Is this normal and if so how long does it take before I regain at least some clarity in my vision? Thanks in advance for your reply.
MikeC

Postby yawny » Thu May 03, 2007 7:17 pm

All of this is normal. It sometimes takes a while for the halo a blurring of lights to go away at night, but for most people it seems to go away or get better with the healing process. Make sure to keep your eyes well lubricated with the drops, even if they don't feel dry. I found that using refresh p. m. ointment, which is preservative free, before going to bed really helps my vision to be much clearer in the am.
yawny

Postby yawny » Thu May 03, 2007 7:26 pm

Sorry, I meant to answer the other part of your question. It varies at how long it takes for your vision to clear up. Most people seem to have some idea what their vision is going to be like at 3 months, from what I have been reading on this forum, although for some people it is longer. For me I pretty much knew what it is going to me like at 2 months. I am now 3 and a half months. You will probably have what I call good eye, bad eye days, when your vision fluctuates. and it even fluctuates through out the day. If I am on the computer too long it really affects my vision, so try to limit that if you can, and keep taking blink breaks when you do use the computer. Some of the other pages on this forum in the other areas explain the healing process and other aspects, so read those to answer some of your other questions.
yawny

Return to Just Had It