Just had 1 week follow up...

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just had 1 week follow up...

Postby MikeC » Fri May 04, 2007 9:33 pm

Had Custom Lasik 1 week ago today. No visible swelling in either eye. I was told that there are micro folds in the left flap and this would heal on it's own. Any one else deal with this? They asked me to come back in 2 weeks for a follow up and meet with the surgeon. I was told that there is nothing to worry about, but why would they have me meet with the surgeon if everything's ok? I might be obsessing a bit, but I don't like getting minimal info from lawsuit scared doctors. All I'm after is an honest answer from the doctors...
MikeC

Postby yawny » Sun May 06, 2007 4:24 am

There may be nothing to worry about. Is this standard procedure for this clinic? All of my post op appointments have been with my surgeon, and this is one of the reasons that I went to this particular doctor. He wants to check the health and healing of the eye at each visit. First an assistant does the vision testing, and then he does an exam each time. Maybe this clinic of yours also does this, but if you have a question about it or are concerned , you should call the clinic and ask. After all, you spent a lot of money to have this done, so don't hesitate to get your questions answered.
yawny

Postby LasikExpert » Sun May 06, 2007 5:01 am

We have a detailed article about about microstriae that you may find helpful. As a general rule, leaving microstriae alone is the preferred method of response.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It