OH-MI-GOSH - I Can See!!!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

OH-MI-GOSH - I Can See!!!

Postby 4eyes4ever » Sat May 05, 2007 12:13 am

Hi folks: I'm approx. 24-hours post-op on my customwave Lasik with a Visx laser and just wanted to pass along that I was in bed watching TV last night across the room without glasses for the 1st time EVER. I had surgery around 3:15 p.m. yesterday and after sleeping for 4 or so hours, watched my favorite show last night. Whoopie

Although totally prepared for the worst being the pessimist I am, I am typing this message "glasses-free" on Friday afternoon and other than a muscle twitch that just started and is mildly annoying, am just delighted with my results.

So, knowing how fearful I was that this would be a disaster no matter how well I prepared, I have never been so glad to be wrong. I will post my numbers next tuesday because I was so excited, I forgot and left my papers at the clinic. Anyway, a few of the things I DID do thanks to the advice listed on this website that I believe did make a difference:

1. Drank at least 5 bottles of water the night before and morning before and continue to slug the water
2. Super-vacuumed/cleaned my bedroom and started a humidifier in that room when I left for my surgery
3. I already take 1,000 mgs of vitamin C so was good there, and
4. Started taking flax seed oil (2 tbls twice daily) about 5 days prior to my day.

I would have started the flax seed oil sooner, but being A.D.D., I just had my consult on Tuesday and scheduled my surgery on Thursday. (give me too many choices and I'll be paralyzed and can't make a single decision).
Thankfully, I had already been here and was realistically prepared per others' experiences. Anyway, my best to all am pretty sure mine will be one of the success stories. I can already see 20/20 in my long distance (right) eye and am slightly behind in my mono-eye. Since I'm soon to be 50, I opted for the monovision and liken it to having glasses with the script off in one of the eyes. Am sure this will continue to adjust correctly as my brain retrains itself.

Overall, I am Sooooooooo relieved and delighted. More next week.

4eyes4ever - No More
4eyes4ever

Postby quasi100 » Sat May 05, 2007 1:46 am

That's awesome. I'm happy for you. Please keep us informed with your follow-up.
quasi100

Postby LasikExpert » Sun May 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Congratulations! You will need to change your username now. 8^)
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It