High astigmatism - 1.5 week later

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

High astigmatism - 1.5 week later

Postby Fnunes » Wed May 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi everyone, well after all these days my vision is great. My left eye is outstanding, i can see small things or words far away, i don`t have blured vision at all and i don`t feel the need to use eye drops, it`s been really that good. Now with my right eye( had 3.50 astigmatism before the surgery), i can instantly notice that i don`t have the same "quality" as my left, i have periods of blured vision wich can be a few seconds to 10 or 15 minutes, and that`s the reason why i use eye drops more often in this eye. The Halo is still here, but i`m begining to learn how to live with it, only one scare so far, i was driving at night and a car in the oposite direction was coming with really strong lights, i almost had to stop, i couldn`t see anything so maybe driving at night so soon is a little dangerous.
I`m not 100% but i`m hoping/confident that i will reach it, i am very happy, because my vision is already better than it used to be with my glasses on. Thank you and honestly good luck to all of you.
Fnunes

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Very high astigmatism is always more challenging.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Fnunes » Wed May 09, 2007 11:09 pm

LasikExpert wrote:Very high astigmatism is always more challenging.

Hello Mr. Glenn, i know perhaps it`s too soon and i must wait and go through the healing period, but should i believe that my right eye will gradually improve in quality vision or a second surgery will be the solution my doctor will give to me to finish this challenge ? Let me assure you i`m not nerveous, or unhappy with my current situation, i`m only curious about it, just searching for some information. Thank you once more. Filipe Nunes
Fnunes

Postby LasikExpert » Thu May 10, 2007 4:56 am

Your periods of blurred vision with vision being good most of the time indicates that most, if not all, of the astigmatism has been resolved with this first surgery. Variable vision quality often indicates a bit of dry eye. You may want to see our article on Lasik and dry eye treatment. It is too difficult to guess what will be your final result, but time will tell.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby babiesforme » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:51 am

Just wondering if you are still visiting how your vision is? I had higher astigmatism (around 4 plus about -7 myopia) and if I remember it took about 2 months or so to really settle down. I still have many days where it's not so good at certain times but overall, the difference is amazing - scheduled for an enhancement this week, maybe. But I'm 16 months out and VERY happy with my initial results.

Diane
babiesforme

Return to Just Had It