High Myopic results 3 weeks after Lasek

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

High Myopic results 3 weeks after Lasek

Postby RakhshandaE » Tue May 15, 2007 5:15 pm

My starting numbers were -800 .015 l with a +1.25and -825 .010 R with a +1.00 I am doing well and not having any issues with Dry Eye. I do have to wear reading glasses since I chose not to have Monovision corection. I had Custom Lasek and I am having good resutls with night time halos and lights not bad at all and I know it should get better. No worse then before Lasek. No regrets just love not having to deal with contacts and glasses 24/7. The most amazing thing is to wake up in the morning and just be able to see the clock or not have to feel my way to the shower. Im thankful everyday for being able to have this done and with good results. People with good vision really can't have an appreciation for what those of us who have really bad vision go through. I have been at least a -300 since I was 5 and being able to see unaided is a lifelong dream. I go back on the 21 for my 1 month check up and will have numbers to share. The numbers don't really mean a lot to me because I can now see good enough to do everything I want or need to do. Yes the pain, discomfort and blured vision for that first 10 days was worth it. Scary but worth it. Rakhshanda
RakhshandaE

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 16, 2007 4:02 am

Congrats on your results thus far. Not to rain on your parade, but don't be surprised if you experience some regression in the months to come. Hopefully all will stay as it is.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby ms_firecracker » Wed May 16, 2007 7:51 pm

I also had high myopia before my lasik surgery, with -9.5 in both eyes. I'll warn you now that there is a fair chance that your vision will regress a bit and that you may need enhancement surgery later on.

When I originally had my procudure, I was warned about regression but my doctor was optimistic that I wouldn't need it. For the first month, I had 20/20 vision and everything was crisp and clear.

After my one month checkup, my left eye regressed a bit, but wasn't really a problem as my right eye was still compensating. Then, over the next two months, both my eyes regressed to about -1 1/4 with a bit of an astigmatism. I'm praying that they stay at this prescription so that in August when I go for my six month check up, I can get the go ahead for enhancement surgery.

Good luck!
ms_firecracker

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 16, 2007 7:58 pm

The regression you experienced is consistent with correction for such a high refractive error.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby ms_firecracker » Wed May 16, 2007 8:01 pm

LasikExpert wrote:The regression you experienced is consistent with correction for such a high refractive error.

Oh yes, I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't. Just that at the time, I didn't really understand how common it was and that after having 20/20 vision for a month, I thought I was in the clear.

But now I realize that the regression I experienced is common with such high refractive error, and that the time frame is actually not unusal either.
ms_firecracker

Postby RakhshandaE » Wed May 16, 2007 9:37 pm

I had Lasek not Lasik and they have told the me possiblity of regression is less with Lasek. Out of all the Lasek they have done only 2 have had to have correction. I know with my high RX it is a possiblity but well worth having it done again if necessary. Their explination for having less chance of regression with Lasek was because of it being a surface abulation and no flap. I guess time will tell. Even with a regression of some degree Im just happy to be able to see anything without contacts or glasses. Maybe I set my expectations to low but I am trying not to be too critical at this point. I'll post my new numbers on Monday after my 1 month check up. Isn't it wonderful to be able to see like a normal person.
RakhshandaE

Postby ms_firecracker » Wed May 16, 2007 10:23 pm

RakhshandaE wrote:I Even with a regression of some degree Im just happy to be able to see anything without contacts or glasses. Maybe I set my expectations to low but I am trying not to be too critical at this point.

Oh totally, even with my regression, I am still EXTREMELY satisfied with my results. I couldn't even see things clearly before within a foot from my face, and now it's a totally different story!

I didn't mean to come off like I was dissing the procedure, because I'm personally very happy. I just know though that some people aren't always happy when they regress, and aren't willing to consider enhancements. So yah, I hope you don't need it, and you're probably right about the different procedures, but it's always good to know what's possible! :)
ms_firecracker

Return to Just Had It