We Both Had Lasik

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

We Both Had Lasik

Postby quasi100 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:51 am

It's a miracle...it's a miracle...it's a miracle!!!

At the present time, my better half and I couldn't be happier. We had our surgery (CustomVue LASIK with Intralase) at 1100 yesterday. Our surgeon wanted Diana to go first with the procedure. That was cool...I got to watch everything being transmitted to a TV in another room. It took about 1 minute on each eye to create the Intralase LASIK flap...then they brought her into the VISX S4 laser room. She had 43 seconds of laser on her left eye and 38 seconds on the right.

I was next. I had 68 seconds of laser on my left eye and 58 seconds on the right. Totally painless throught everything for the both of us. Our doctor explained everything to us as it was happening.

When all was done, it felt as though I was looking underwater...very blurry (this is normal), but I could see. Our doctor said everthing went extremely well and he couldn't have been more pleased.

We went home, took about a 4 hour nap....and when we woke up, we both looked at the alarm clock and gave each other a high-five. The first time in our lives that we were able to see the alarm clock without our glasses or contacts. It wasn't totally clear, almost like looking through a semi-foggy window, but we could see pretty good.

When we woke up this morning, it was even clearer...very slight haze. We had our follow-up with our doc at 0930 today (yep, I drove)...he was totally pleased. I went from being a -7.25 and -7.75 to having 20/25 vision. Diana went from being a -5.0 in both eyes to having 20/15 vision. Is that awesome or what?

We spent most of the afternoon down on the Riverwalk and checking out the Alamo. Justa ooohing and aaaawing at whatever we looked at.

We have the typical side effects right now....slight burning every now and then, but eye drops make it go away.

If you're thinking about having it done, please feel free to ask.

Well, we've had a bottle of champagne chilling in the frig for 2 weeks now waiting for this moment...gonna go get busy!!!!
quasi100

Postby quasi100 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Glenn

I totally brain-farted with my above post. I forgot to say thank you for all of the info that you have me and to the rest of us. Your site is a wealth of information. Thank you!

On a different note, I received an email saying that someone had sent me a private message. When I log into this website, it's says that I have 1 new message...I click on the message link and it says "Private messaging has been disabled on this board." Any ideas???
quasi100

Postby LasikExpert » Fri May 18, 2007 5:53 pm

Congratulations on the outcome and I'm delighted that our information was helpful.

The private message is due to spammers using back door tactics. That is the reason private messaging is turned off.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby quasi100 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:16 pm

Roger that with the spammers.

Once again, thanks a million for all of your awesome info.

I'm going to be posting our 1 week, 1 month, ect, progress on this thread for all to see.
quasi100

Postby quasi100 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:15 am

Well, we had our 1 week follow-up this morning. Both of our eyes checked out healthy. Our doc wants us to take the antibiotic drops once a day for another week, the inflamation drops 3 times a day for the next week, and the dry eye drops every hour.

My better half is still 20/15 and loving it. Unfortunately, my right eye seems to have gone backwards. My left eye is still 20/25 and everything is crisp and sharp. About 3 days ago I noticed that my right eye seemed to be not as sharp as my left. I noticed that when I was driving around I could see license plates better better wih my left eye. Well, today I found out that I've gone from 20/30 to 20/40 in my right eye. The doc said it's common for your eyes to fluctuate and that everything should stabilize in 2-3 months. We'll see what happens. My gut feeling says that my eye has slightly regressed.

Oh yeah, they gave me different dry eye drops to try out. I've been using Systane, but it seemed that sometimes right after I put the drops in my eye would feel dry again....so I'm gonna try the Visine drops they gave me and see how those feel.
quasi100

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 23, 2007 5:19 pm

Keep us informed. If you have read this website you know that fluctuations are common so early in the healing period.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby quasi100 » Thu May 24, 2007 2:19 am

Glenn

Will do. This site is an absolute wealth of information. I sort of feel an obligation to let all of those who are thinking about laser eye surgery...or those who've had it, to let them know our experience and outcome. The more info for all of us the better.
quasi100

Return to Just Had It