AFTER LASEK SURGERY

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

AFTER LASEK SURGERY

Postby pravin » Tue May 22, 2007 11:24 pm

Hi Doctors !!

I `ve recently has a LASEK Waterfront procedure done my both eyes. After consultation with an optician in one of the biggest europe clinics, they told me that LASEK Waterfront would be suitable for me as my pupils are wide.
It all happened last week, I has the surgery and it`s day 8 of my recovery. I did went for my post operation appointment to have my contact lenses removed and still awaiting for my eyes precision to get sharp. I`m a bit concerned to see that there has been a slight improvement of my vision and I was expected to get better by now.
Another issue was before having the surgery, the surgeon asked to have my eyes check done again. After that check up. they told me that my number changed slighty in between my first consultation which was 3 weeks time ago.
After the checkup, i asked the surgeon about the changes on my eyes sight and if it was the right time to have the procedure and she replied positively and things went ahead.
I`m 26 years old and have no previous eyes problem plus maintaing a healthy state. I m shortsighed by left eyes sph -6.00, cyl -0.25, Axis 180 and right eyes sph -5.75, cyl -0.75, Axis 180 based on my prescription. I spent £2500 for the whole procedure and unsure that this will pay for my new vision. I worked as system engineer for a company where involved me driving to different sites and due to my situation I can`t fully operate my position.
My next appointment is day 15 next monday and I m still awaiting for better result. I `ve read about lasek waterfront and it mentions that some cases it take weeks or months to heal. I would really appreciate if someone read my post and reply with some advice which can help further.
Thanks for taking the time to have a look my case and look forward to reply to you..

Thanks

Pravin
pravin

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 23, 2007 12:28 am

It is very common for vision recovery from wavefront LASEK to be slow. You may experience a short period where it seems vision gets worse, followed by slow progress.

The outermost layer of the cornea needs to regenerate, thicken, and smooth. Ask your doctor for details, but it is reasonable to expect to be able to drive when you are 2-3 weeks past surgery.

Keep your eyes moist with preservative-free artificial tears to promote healing. Ask your doctor for other methods to speed healing.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby RakhshandaE » Wed May 23, 2007 2:29 pm

I too had Lasek and started to get concerned after one week and still blury vision. On day 11 it finally cleared and has gotten better each day. Be patient. I was able to drive in daylight only until 3 weeks post op. Now night driving is better still a little problems with halos but not a big problem. I started out with a really high rx 800 and -850. At one month Im 20/20 and 20/20. Don't get frustrated it takes time. Keep up with your eyedrops and don't let your eyes get too tired and dry. Good Luck
RakhshandaE

Thanks

Postby pravin » Thu May 24, 2007 5:07 pm

It starts looking better now on day 11, my vision is getting clearer till..it followed..

Thanks for giving me that courage specially when u r new to this sort of recovery..

I ll going to my appointment next Monday, to find a highlight of the situation

Thanks

Pravin
pravin

Return to Just Had It