Two Weeks Now--Some Fuzziness

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Two Weeks Now--Some Fuzziness

Postby mueber » Thu May 31, 2007 1:02 pm

I had All-Laser LASIK two weeks ago, and so far, the results have been mixed.

The left eye, the far less nearsighted, is wonderful. Vision has been clear from the day after the surgery. The right eye, the far more nearsighted, is fuzzy and farsighted. Its vision seems to improve over the course of the day. I’ve mentioned this to the Doctor, but he says I am right on track and that both eyes will improve over the next few months. In fact, after two follow-up visits, my next appointment isn’t until August.

My initial thought was that the Doctor ought to know, but I’m not sure. All of my interactions with the Staff have been professional and friendly, but I wonder if the Doctor isn’t downplaying the state of the right eye too much.

I am able to do everything I want to do, including driving, but I am definitely relying on the left eye. By the way, I drowned myself in artificial tears for the first week and, other than to use them first thing in the morning, do not have to use artificial tears at all.

If anyone has some thoughts on the state of the right eye, by the way, the Doctor says it's at 20/25, I’d appreciate reading them; everything else about LASIK has been terrific.

Mark
mueber

Re: Two Weeks Now--Some Fuzziness

Postby LasikExpert » Thu May 31, 2007 4:52 pm

mueber wrote:The right eye, the far more nearsighted, is fuzzy and farsighted.

This is the important clue. It is common for a person with high myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) to experience regression of Lasik or All-Laser Lasik effect. As a part of the Lasik healing process the eye reshapes and changes back toward the original refractive error. Lasik regression is very common for someone who is more than about 6.00 diopters myopic.

Doctors often will deliberately overcorrect a highly myopic patient into hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision and then allow the Lasik regression to bring the patient back to plano (no refractive error). You may want to read more about Lasik regression.

As your highly myopic eye continues to heal from Lasik, vision should improve. Your left eye will probably not experience as much regression because it required less correction with the laser.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby mueber » Thu May 31, 2007 6:00 pm

Thanks for the information. :D It is helpful and reassuring.
mueber

Return to Just Had It